Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mid year break

Australian scenery on a dry Winter's afternoon...
Leaving my nephew's place yesterday.



A cheeky magpie on our front door step!


It is amazing that July is here already.

I keep making mention of the beautiful weather here but truly, at the moment it is just gorgeous! Give me an Aussie Winter any day. Well, perhaps a Central Queensland Winter! As we are on the mid year break from school we are enjoying both getting some organization around the house and yard - some - and getting out to visit a few people, including two nephews and their families with new babies. A special treat!
Nana arrives tonight, so more excitement as she has not been for two years and has only seen her great grandies in photos.
Too much excitement...
no deeper thoughts at the moment!





9 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful few days with your Nan!

    I love your deep thoughts, but I love your frivolous ones as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, that's a relief because at the moment I am feeling brain dead from all the goings on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby,
    Don't you love family visiting? Wow, two years without Nana!

    I enjoy the time spent with my mum, as she's getting older, and I don't know how much longer she'll be around. The times we have are extra special, as undoubtedly yours will be, too.
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jillian,
    I am very blessed to have my own parents close by. This is my husband's mum and she lives in Brisbane but is well cared for by the family down there.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Nana! I don't live by family, but we are going to visit some in late July. Those are special times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you look on one of my sidebars, the link should be there for the Year of Living Obsessively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have magpies on our doorstep too.

    CQ winter sounds great to me - sounds a lot like our Autumn which is the best time here.

    Have fun visiting! We're going visiting this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ruby...

    I love the winters up her in tropical North Queensland. No need to buy many winter clothers ~ in fact, I have yet to put a jumper on so far!

    I was only thinking today that this helps compensate for all the extra money we need to spend on air-conditioning during Summer.

    Hope you are enjoying your special visitor, as I am sure you and your family are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pearls of Truth,
    Thanks so much for all the comments you left!
    Nana leaves today but we have a busy week and then.....back to the grind.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.