The busy routine of the school year is well and truly in swing now. We managed to get to the library today to renew our stock of books. My fellows are happily getting into their work each morning. I actually find the break is some times so long they are looking for a bit more routine and direction in the day. They are very fortunate to have each other as playmates, as were my two girls. Only children must be sometimes lonely. My friends with much larger families and closer spaced children have no shortage of play mates, but their own holiday challenges!
I was able to get to our Ladies meeting this afternoon. We try to meet regularly, about once a fortnight, for prayer and fellowship. I like to go when I can, as I really value the Godly women in our congregation. These are not my group of homeschooling friends my own age. Most of the group of about 8 are older ladies with many years of Christian experience, well grounded in the Reformed faith. We discussed a lot of things and were able to bring many important matters and needy people before the Lord in prayer. The focus, however, was on Thankfulness. "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High." Psalm 92:1
Though school and other family commitments will prevent me from getting to all the Ladies' meetings I am determined to make every effort to get there as often as possible. I felt very uplifted and refreshed by the conversation today. These are the women God has placed in my fellowship and I am truly thankful for them! They are such a blessing to me.
I am also thankful that although my foot aches a little, I am getting around quite freely and able to attend such things.
.
Hi, the famous green bean casserole is so pathetic that everyone is embarrassed to admit the recipe: dump a few cans of green beans in a casserole dish along with a few cans of cream of mushroom soup. Scatter french fried onions (come in a can) on the top. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350.
ReplyDeleteReally?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'll have to try it and tell my family I am trying out an international dish! Thanks.