Friday, February 27, 2009

Visit to the War Museum

Another busy week, but nowhere near so tiring as the last one.
I am still a novice at the intricacies of blogging and I have a lot of trouble with photo placement and text. It never seems to end up on the blog the way I have arranged it in the draft. Frustrating!

One of the homeschooling mums I am friendly with is very under the weather with morning/ afternoon/ night sickness! As I'd planned to take my boys to the War Museum today I suggested taking her boys along as well.
Since she has four of that variety I was well chaperoned! The local museum is fairly small, but has lots of interesting exhibits. It is lovingly manned by volunteers, two of whom were more than happy to show us around on a quiet Friday morning. Six young lads between 8 and 14 can find plenty of interest in a place like that and I was impressed that they listened so well and all asked lots of questions. They also got to climb over a Bren Gun carrier that is being restored but my camera batteries were dead by then so no pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Ruby,
    Nice field trip!

    Paul and I love to study our country's War Between the States. We can't wait till the children are a little older and we can tote them from one museum to another and pretend that we are doing it for their schoolwork. (Hee hee)

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had a Granddad and several uncles who were involved in both WWs so a little family history there.
    Your Civil War is often mentioned and I take it still much studied and followed over there. Some times seems to us looking on that some are still finghting that war!!!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.