The truly Reformed?
I have heard and read this expression often, and I know what it means in the context, but it is an expression which does not always sit well. It smacks of superiority. It smacks of saying "I have arrived." It smacks of pride.
Aren't we to be always reforming? Always conforming to the image of Christ? It is the great challenge for those who have been blessed with great knowledge to also live lives of great humility. Arrogance has no place in the Christian church, pulpit or pew.
"Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and for ever." Psalm 131
Some inspired words of David to ponder....
.
Ruby,
ReplyDeleteYou said "It smacks of pride."
Right on. I have been so hurt by those who say I am not truly reformed (of course, you know this from the blog...) Thank you for being bold enough to bring this up.
If I am not truly reformed, am I falsely reformed?
Bethany