Thursday, February 16, 2012

From my scattered brain.....

I am not OCD,,,,,,,Noooooooooo not one little bit! You only need to look at my house, my yard, my car, my clothes to know that I am quite laid back and not one bit fussy.  Mind you, I would like to be more fussy and have everything just so but personality, husband, family and so many other factors make me what I am.

I do however, have a couple of quirky little characteristics.
Take this thing that is happening on my blog.  If nothing else I am punctual and lateness is frustrating and sometimes annoying to me.  I mind the time.  But for some weeks now my blog timing has been all out of sync.  I have checked on the settings on the blog,  I have checked all the settings on the computer. Yet comments are saying they are posted at all odd hours of the day and night.  US friends who comment at night I awake to find have posted (supposedly) in the mid afternoon.  My own comments saying 2.00am when it is evening here.  Quite frustrating.  If you've had this problem and know how to fix it, can you let me know?  I see other blogs with incorrect time stamps and always assumed the blogger hasn't bothered to set it......just not me :-)

What I am loving from Blogger at the moment is the reply function.  I would sometimes envy that natty little innovation on the Wordpress blogs and then presto!  I see I have it with out even changing a setting.  Okay, so I went overboard and replied to EVERY comment on my last post, just to try it out, but I think it is great. 

I loved the comments on my post about the anniversary of the death of  my little son.  Thank you all.  I wanted to answer each of those comments because they were like little sympathy cards to me and meant a lot.

And just to finish, on a totally random note, my other weird little quirk.
I have to stack things in a certain order in my grocery trolley.  When I get to the checkout I have to load them on the belt in a certain order.  Not necessarily the same order every time but with things correctly grouped.  I am sure this helps the check out person.  I see people flinging their milk with the tins and fruit with the washing powder and it causes me some stress!!!!!  Maybe, if I tried a little harder I could be OCD.   Nah...........

Another waffly post. 


Wishing you all a pleasant and relaxing weekend. 

13 comments:

  1. I also sometimes wish I could be a bit more "OCD" but I think I am just too lazy. (Not trying to make fun of those who do actually have OCD, as I know it can be a frustrating condition). I don't know what's wrong with your blog's timestamp ... if you've set it to the correct time zone it should work properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always unload my groceries at the checkout from heaviest to lightest to make them easier to bag.
    We all have our quirks, but I have found that having children has rid me of any OCD tendencies that I might have had! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, children are great "bringers-down-to-earth"!

      Delete
  3. I am also OCD about groceries because I have to unpack them when I get home. It makes it easier if I put the items together that get stored together. I hadn't even noticed the reply function....gunna' go see if it magically appeared on my blog yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh Ruby! I am also too laid back to be OCD :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby, that supermarket trolley business is about as OCD as you can get....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, then I just need to transfer a little of that trait over into the rest of my life, hey?!

      Delete
  6. So good to be able to laugh at oneself!

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter once came across a saying that went, "I have CDO - which is a little like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be." She couldn't resist showing it to me and saying, "That's so you Mom!" I don't think I'm quite THAT bad, but I kind of see where she's coming from.
    And I'm with you on how my stuff is arranged, both in my buggy, and on the check-out counter. All the really heavy stuff (so nothing else gets crushed), then my cleaning supplies, refrigerated items, meats, frozen stuff, produce, etc. have to be grouped properly. If not they are bound to squish my bread or bananas, break my eggs or put my meat with my fresh produce - Yuck! So as far as grocery shopping goes, it's not OCD, it's just good sense. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa..I've seen that CDO one before..
      I am sure you are right. It's common sense not a disorder. It is interesting though, that most of us, no matter how higgledy piggledy our lives are, seem to have one or two things which we are particular about!

      Delete
  8. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more...loves soraya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ruby, juts popping by to say g'day and how your going? I actually read this post last week but was unable to comment. I love your humour, God bless you real good! Have a great weekend matie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tee hee :)
    I'm like you, too laid back (or lazy) to be OCD. The closest I've been is for a few months after my second child was born, I had to hang the washing with one peg colour per line. One line was yellow pegs, one green, etc. It looked neater that way. Can't remember when I stopped doing that but I certainly don't bother now :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.