Melanie at Out of the Miry Clay posted this fun little meme and I thought I might participate since I am just not getting time to post these days. I do try to read occasionally at your places. When life settles down a little I hope to be back to my regular program!
A. Age: 48
B. Bed size: queen
C. Chore you dislike: House work!
D. Dogs: Haven't had a doggy for over a year :- ( currently dog sitting my daughter's two large canines and it looks fairly long term.
E. Essential start to your day: coffee
F. Favorite color: blues / greens
G. Gold or silver: gold
H. Height: 5' 3" and yes I am old and can never remember what that is in Cm's
I. Instruments you play(ed): tone deaf :- ( played the recorder, sort of, in high school. Try not to play the fool.
J. Job title: Mum
K. Kids: 5 (2 girls, 3 boys, one with the Lord) and three grandsons
L. Live: Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
M. Mom’s name: Theresa (but I have only ever called her Mum)
N. Nicknames: Mum! (and Ruby of course!)
O. Overnight hospital stays: Are you kidding? I have three thick files at the local hospital. Having my family alone would amount to about six months in hospital. \
P. Pet peeves: laziness
Q. Quote from a movie: "Go ahead, make my day!" Not a movie I love or anything but a line that comes to mind fairly often.
R. Righty or lefty: Right.
S. Siblings: 4 sisters, 3 brothers, I am number 6.
T. Time you wake up: 7am....not counting all the times I get up during the night.
U. Underwear: ? this is a doozy! Melanie suggested *uniform* instead. Denim skirts, t-shirt, flappy shoes.
V. Vegetables you don’t like: choko.
W.What makes you run late: My husband!
X. X-rays you’ve had: heart/ chest, teeth,
Y. Yummy food you make: Dinner every night! Dessert...occasionally.
Z. Zoo animal favorites: Recently visited the Melbourne Zoo and Aquarium. Loved them all especially the penguins and the platypus.
How about you?
Age: 66
ReplyDeleteBed size: king
Chore you dislike: yard work
Dog: Maltese named Ziggy
Essential to start day: Yes to coffee—thought you would say tea, Ruby
Favorite color: bright pink or lime green--I'm a "Spring" from book "Color Me Beautiful"
Gold or silver: both according to above book
Height: 5 feet 8 ½ inches
Instrument: piano
Job title: semi-retired, but teach between one to six days a week; will have to stop when my husband’s Alzheimer’s advances
Kids: none--only grown step children
Live: Plant City, Florida, United States
Mother’s name: Evelyn
Nickname: Vanilla Soul Sister
Overnight hospital stay: tonsils at age five
Pet peeves: poor drivers and drinking drivers
Prayer requests: my husband’s Alzheimer’s
Quote from a movie: "Whatever shall I do?"-
Righty or lefty: right
Siblings: two younger brothers—one a rocket scientist and the other a statistician
Time you wake up: 5:30 am
Underwear: bra, pants and slip
Vegetables you don’t like: don’t have any—what is choco, Ruby—chocolate?
What makes you run late? I multi- task too often including the computer which I am on now
X-rays you’ve had: whole body recently after crash with a drunk driver
Yummy food you make: salsa; mashed potatoes with cheese, onions and bacon
Zoo animals you like: giraffes; bears including koala bears
Hugs,
Carol
Ruby,
ReplyDeleteThis was a fun liks to read. I think this meme is getting around in the Blogsphere because this is about the 3rd or 4th time that I have seen it.
At any rate, take care, try not to work too hard, and "visit" me when you have the chance.
-Lady Rose
Carol, I do drink both tea and coffee, but can't get going in the morning without a cup of coffee.
ReplyDeleteNot sure of the spelling on choko but here is a link to a pic http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.formulaforlife.com.au/data/images/vl_choko.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.formulaforlife.com.au/asp/vegetables.asp%3Fcmd%3Dshow%26vegetableid%3D21&usg=__retVxAmuDV0KSBayb_vW3kguElk=&h=137&w=213&sz=5&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=zrl_9dXRMPlVZM:&tbnh=109&tbnw=170&ei=Jmx5TfOxPIT8vQPU_vWaBw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvegetable%2Bchoko%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1436%26bih%3D631%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=453&oei=Jmx5TfOxPIT8vQPU_vWaBw&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=64&ty=57
Wow...didn't realise it was so long!
BTW... a little Aussie trivia, a koala is NOT a bear :-)
Lady Rose,
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting. I will try to get over for a read at your place sooooon :-)
This is cute. I'll have to try to do it on my blog.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to do these once in a while. I haven't done on in a long time. Maybe it's time. It's a good way to get to know other bloggers better.
ReplyDeleteCool - I must give that ago when I can't think of anything to write - looks of fun. I'm with you with the Choko (who eats it as I have never met a person who does!!). And yes, my husband also makes me late:)
ReplyDeleteGod Bless.
Hey Ruby, this is really cool. Loved 'i'..trying not to play the fool..that is clever! Love to you and your family! xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteI've decided to play along :)
here's my post http://gooandtitch.blogspot.com/2011/03/to-z-about-me.html