Monday, December 13, 2010

No More a Baby!

Life has been too busy to deflate from the high of our holiday away. 
Saturday was my youngest grandson's first birthday!
Can it really be a year since he was born?
We celebrated the occasion with an afternoon in the park, all the while watching the ominous dark clouds, the children's faces bright red with the intense heat and humidity.
Alas, we are back to true CQ Summer weather.
The Fitzroy River is flooding moderately and expected to peak tomorrow.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!


Still the baby of my family!
GS3 is wearing his little Melbourne Aquarium tee shirt.


Cousin and brother are big two year olds and really enjoyed the cake
(despite the heat :-)

My plan is to blog little but read as often as possible over the break.
My dear ol' Dad has had a couple of weeks in hospital having become blind.  He is returning home tomorrow so this will be a difficult adjustment for my parents. I hope to spend as much time as possible with them.
Have a great week everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Love the cake! So smart with the little patty cakes around.

    Praying that you aren't too affected by the flooding and that your dear Dad copes with his new circumstances.

    It is lonely around here. I miss you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't time go by so fast! What beautiful grandbabies you have though. Sorry to hear about your Dad , what a huge adjustment for him to make. Not sure that I will be posting much for you to read! We'll be busy with visitors and other than that I plan to just relax and turn off the computer to spend time with my kids - they're all growing up fast too. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st Birthday to your youngest Grandson. He does look very hot in that photo.

    I heard about the floods up in CQ. We had to deal with our own flooding emergency here last week when the Queanbeyan River burst its banks and schools were evacuated. (Not because the students were in danger, but because the Education Dept wanted everyone to be safe at home rather than driving around in the treacherous conditions). What a difference a year makes - from drought to flooding rain indeed!

    Sorry to hear about your dad's problem. Praying he will adjust to his new reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks, Jeanne.
    At least you can claim to be the Peaceful Home again, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to spend the afternoon in the park right now!! Hardly possible with 10 inches of snow.

    So the baby isn't a baby anymore? He's still as precious as one though isn't he? Happy Birthday to your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby,

    I'm glad that you enjoyed your vacation. It's always difficult to get back into a regular routine after a vacation break.

    Your grandson's birthday cake is cute. I like the idea of the little cupcakes around the bigger cake. From the pictures you showed, it sure looks like the little ones had a fun time eating it. :)

    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I pray that your family will be able to handle this transition without too much stress.

    Take care.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fast they grow, it's true. What a bunch of cuties you have! I'll be praying for your dad and the rest of the family as you all try to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful cake for your gorgeous grandson ~ very blessed! Praying for your parents and you all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!!! He's very very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.