Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Feet are set upon a Rock!







Psalm 40



1 I waited for the Lord my God,
and patiently did bear;
At length to me he did incline
my voice and cry to hear.

2 He took me from a fearful pit,
and from the miry clay,
And on a rock he set my feet,
establishing my way.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
our God to magnify:
Many shall see it, and shall fear,
and on the Lord rely.

.

(Scottish Metrical Version)

.


This beautiful Psalm is the favourite of my husband and since it is his birthday, I am posting it. Happy Birthday, Hubby!

It is marvellous to think upon our Saviour, who puts a new song in the once stony hearts of His people and causes us to praise and rejoice in his wonderful love and salvation.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Ruby's husband! :)

    God has certainly put a new song in my mouth, and I'm praising Him forever more! :D

    Have a wonderful Easter,
    Blessings, Jillian ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your dear hubby. Beautiful word. Makes me think of Matthew chap. 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your husband - he shares it with a special cousin of mine. Beautiful words - I particularly like verse 2

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Happy late B'day Mr Ruby!!

    I love this Psalm, too. We sang it as children, though not this metrical version. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.