Monday, March 15, 2010

Weary and heavy laden?







Come unto me
all ye who are weary and
heavy laden, and I will give you rest"

Matthew 11:28

.
Disappointment:


Disappointments are a fact of life. People let us down. Isn't it a precious thing to know the Lord Jesus Christ. What he has promised, he will do! Often we are the ones who let others down. We are weak and do not, sometimes cannot, follow through with our commitments. But God.....


Discouragement

Our weaknesses, and those of the people around us, can become discouraging. If only..... When will they?...... How can I?...... Doubt, fear, anxiety.

Jesus, our Saviour and Lord, will never leave or forsake his people. When we are feeling low and unable, is when we realize that the Lord is only refuge and strength . That he has and is carrying us through each trial.


Distress


How often do we allow all of our disappointemnts and discouragemants cause us distress and depression? Fill your mind with the words and promises of Christ!


For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7



Delight


Having "joy" is not some constant emotional high for the believer. It is knowing with certainty and confidence that the Lord is ruling in every situation. The joy of the Lord is your strength, if we are relying on him in all our difficult and our routine situation.


Delight thyself always in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4


Whatever disappointments, discouragements and failures we are facing, if we seek to do the will of the Lord, to make our desires those which are according to his will, then he will hear us. However disappointing our friends and family are He is always trustworthy. However weak we are He is strong and sure.



May our God go with you this week!


In quietness and confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15

8 comments:

  1. As usual, you bless us with timely reminders.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby,
    The joy of the Lord is my strength. :)

    What a blessed post you have written!

    Have a wonderful and blessed week,
    Love, Jillian ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointment, discouragement, distress and delight--love this post with Scripture for each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby, this is a subject I have had to work through very recently. Not just now, but all along the way. I am in a place of hope and encouragement presently, but there was a time not so long ago, where I had had so many disappointments... one heaped on another. It certainly makes one weary and down.

    Very early on in my walk, I learnt the important lesson, that only the Lord is fully trustworthy. People will always let us down (if not one person then another), and circumstances are more often than not, out of our control. So, all that to say... without 'hope', it would all be too much. Praise Jesus, He is our hope, our portion, and our strongtower.

    I loved your choice of scriptures too...

    Thank you for your warm welcome at my new blog. It meant so much to me. It really did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great reminder. Just in time as my soul was in need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruby...this is amazing what you have written. I am actually having a battle with a few people, so what you have written it perfect timing for what I need to hear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that great feelling of fellowship in the Lord when the thoughts and experiences of another touch on our very needs. God's word is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, again, for sharing these words. I was especially encouraged by the reminder of joy not being an emotional high, but confidence in our faithful God.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.