Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Treasured Book

One of my most treasured poetry anthologies. Given as a birthday gift by a friend almost 30 years ago.
Poems of BANJO PATERSON
Illustrated by Pro Hart
Front Cover

Back Cover
I intend to post one of Banjo's poems and Pro's interesting paintings from time to time.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Ruby,

    Just stunning work by Pro Hart! I love His style! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Pro. My sister has one of his painted Gideon's Bibles. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled that as I have never seen the Pro Hart bibles. Wow! Your sister has a collectable there. (Very pricey now too I see) Did she know him by chance?or providence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hubby taught one of his relatives who paid in kind with paintings instead of cash. True! They did very well out of the deal, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely book Ruby. I look forward to what you will share from this little gem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a neat book. I'd like to get my hands on a copy. Guess I'll be surfing the web for it. You are very blessed to have such a gem of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricia Hi!
    These two men are very famous here in their fields. This book is a wonderful bit of "Australiana". I will be posting a poem and a painting every so often, and started with one earlier today.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.