Saturday, March 20, 2010

Parting is....


Such Sweet Sorrow

We've just had news that a family which is very dear to us are leaving town.
We knew it was coming as they waited on the Lord to open the door. For my boys, it is as though they are in shock. These boys have been there friends for ever..... At least as long as any of them can remember. Though they know lots of kids, these boys have been their best mates and they can't imagine life without them.

It's different for us adults. We've had lots of trials and changes in our comparitively long lives, We have lots of other friends. But for my fellows this is one of the biggest emotional hurdles they have faced. I am aching for them just now. I know it will pass. They will move on and that will be a character building phase for them. Just now all they can think about is spending as much time as possilbe with them and how they can get to visit them in upcoming holiday breaks.,

It is a precious gift from God to be given friends who love and support you through all of life's journey.

"True friends are like diamonds precious and rare,
false ones like autumn leaves found everywhere."


Breaky with mates!

9 comments:

  1. Oh guys, I'm sorry. I know this is hard. We've been there too. I pray you will smile soon!!

    Most likely I won't be going to AZ when Heather delivers. Her mom will go as she only lives a few hours away. Wish I could though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss both families will feel. It is SO important for our kids to have good friends that they enjoy and we trust. May the Lord grant both families new relationships to fill that empty spot in each of your hearts and lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby,
    It is through times like this that your children's trust and faith in God will be strengthened.

    I'm praying that God will fill the void left by the departure of these dear friends. :D

    Have a great weekend,
    Blessings,
    Jillian ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Ruby, as a mum, I understand exactly what you are feeling. We have had to say goodbye to precious friends, such as these.

    As adults, most of us find it easy to meet and forge new friendships. But when our children have very dear friends, and you know the children well, it is hard. It is sad to admit, but finding *nice* children that gel with your own children, is not always easy. The sort of friendships I am talking about, are those where you know the parents really well (as you obviously know the whole family), and the kids have history. History, and growing up together, makes for very special bonds. That bond will last beyond distance.

    Just recently my daughter reconnected with our former pastors daughter. They are similiar in age, and played together really well from the time they were 3. This was in Townsville, and we moved away when Lauren was 7, to return to my hometown of Brisbane.

    Now we live 3 hours from Townsville, and the girls get together as often as they can. They have picked up right where they left off. It is so sweet to see that friendship which lasted the miles and the time.

    I pray your boys not grieve too much. And, I am sure they will get together by way of visits etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad for everyone. Living the military life, I know what it feels like to see friends move away or have to leave them ourselves.

    Hopefully the boys will stay in touch (although boys tend not to, in my experience) and also find some new friends to fill the void.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this picture. They are all eating together and after a bite probably all try to talk at the same time. Or was the picture posed?

    Do you think this will be a chance for letter writing or e-mail between the boys?

    The economy is poor here. How about Queensland? Is this why they are moving?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruby,

    How blessed they are to have such good mates, that will continue even though they are a long way away! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to watch your children suffer. As homeschoolers, we can be particularly sensitive to the idea of our children being lonely. I've had to remind myself (and the children) that loneliness is a part of every stage of life, a natural thing to experience, but it is only for a season. God knows what we need - we do need good friends, and in His time he will provide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I think this is one of the challenges of homeschooling - are kids don't have a built-in classroom full of friends. (Also a blessing, but maybe not so much right now...)

    Praying God will send new friends when these boys leave.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.