Friday, September 28, 2012

Through my Eyes




School days.
Gotta love the 70s

Here is a link to the poem I have written for tomorrow's Centenary Celebrations at my childhood home. I have scrapped it, very simply, with photographs and made a nice little book for the occasion.



My very dear grandparents, just three weeks before
 Grandad passed away.
My 18th birthday.
1980

Jooro means road in the aboriginal language.
My Grandfather pronounced it Jew-row
but ever after it has been pronounced Jew-roo, thus the
rhymn in the poem.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem. The newspapers need to cover this event. Are they?

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will write it up for both local papers after the event.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.