Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Looking Forward

Just to share some of the excitement of the coming weekend I have chosen a few pics
 from around my old home



The front gate at "Glen Erin"
House is in the centre above the fence.
My childhood home.


My second brother's home, "Jooro"  Once owned by my uncle and named after the district when the railway stopped using this end of the line. My crew will be staying here.  Are they ready!

Old Rannes Town
Once a bustling little centre with pubs and shire office.
This photo was taken in the twenties.
These days Rannes is just a dot on the map, a ghost town.
It is about 8km from our place.



Goovigen in the 1950's.
Taken from the hotel where my mother lodged as a
teacher at the then two teacher school.
Goovigen is about 10km from home and now
 the nearest town. With a one teacher school where my SIL
 does a day a week and my nephew is the Sports teacher,
 also one day a week.


My own children join their grandparents, uncle, aunt and 
cousins representing Jooro school.  My dad attended this school, which his father donated land for, in the 30's and my older brother and sisters all began their school lives there until it's closure in 1965. 


Hearts ease ♥

The Billabong at our place, looking tranquil
 in a good season. I have so many happy memories
of games and cubbies in this creek.  There used to be
a majestic white gum which was like a lighthouse
marking our spot.  Sadly, it has gone now.

5 comments:

  1. Love the new picture at the top of the blog. It's nice to see everyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ma. I thought everyone had abandoned me! I am always amazed at how hubby and I managed such a gorgeous crew! But they grow so fast. That header photo is almost 10 months old! No little bubs any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to hear about how the celebration goes. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have these pictures and the celebration coming! Looking forward to reading all about it!

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. Make sure you blog about it. Hope you are doing well.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.