Monday, September 17, 2012

Stand Up!



Sometimes I feel as though our, my, witness to the world is less than a little dull flickering glow :-(  We are called to be like a city set on a hill which cannot be hidden.  Often times I hear and watch the situation in the world and tremble.  The nation that does not honour God he will reject.  We are, as a nation, deserving of his wrath.  But like Lot and his family, He has graciously spared some.  Will we STAND UP in these desperate times, for that which God has clearly shown us to be right, to please and glorify Him?

Stand up for life

I was heartened by the quite good attendance at a Stand Up for Life Rally here on the weekend.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made from conception to the grave.  It is not enough for us to say Abortion is wrong.  Euthanasia is wrong. We need to be sharing the gospel and praying for changed hearts and lives.  We need to be actively supported those who find themselves in such desperate situations as to take a life ~ theirs or another's.

Meanwhile

Life is chugging along.  I have had some small improvements in my health which has been a wonderful answer to prayers.  If you are among those remembering me in prayer ~ thank you ♥
The boys have a few bits and pieces to finish up before Wednesday when I am declaring Term 3 over.
As always, some slow progress, but reasonably happy with the amount we have covered.  I love September and we have a lot on in these holidays to look forward to.  However, the Summer terms as always a struggle against heat and fatigue.  Most likely we will go back to the Library routine which is more comfortable here in Summer.

The Capricornia Homeschoolers acquitted themselves well once again, at the Sports Day.  I have mentioned before, but we are very fortunate to have a couple of small Christian schools in the district who include us in there Sports Day and sometimes other combined activities.
 

Looking Forward

Less than two weeks until our 100year celebrations.  I have been busily making name tags, completing pages in my Family History Albums and trying to write and illustrate (in pics) a poem.  Well the words are done but the book is not finished so I am very pleased to be having a break from school as it is time consuming.  Mind you, I can't even think about getting scrapping gear out while the littlies are awake.  That cuts down the opportunities a little :-)

Joshua 10: 25

And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the LORD do to all your enemies against whom ye fight.

8 comments:

  1. I'll start by saying what a wonderful looking family you have! You are so blessed!! I'm so happy your term ends in time for you to put the last minute prep on for the celebration. We wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rather gorgeous, aren't they!!!!

      Delete
  2. Nice to catch up with your news. I know what you mean about not being able to have the scrapbooking stuff out while the littlies are awake. Even though my youngest littlie is 6 now, I still try not to get my scrapping stuff out unless I'm alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I have stayed up disgustingly late....just to get a bit done on that album. Guess what? Almost done. I have made it very simple though. Nothing like your beautiful, creative pages :-)

      Delete
    2. My 'beautiful' pages are all done in digital scrapping - it is much less messy than paper scrapbooking but does lack the therapy of working with tactile products.

      Delete
  3. So much in America is ungodly also. We just have to keep letting our lights shine. Looking forward to your 100 year celebration and so glad for improvement in your health.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I know you are a great prayer warrior, so a special thankyou to you, my friend. xo

      Delete
  4. I agree Ruby, we need to be praying and sharing the gospel besides making a stand! glad to hear your health is improving:) sounds like you're going to be pretty busy with the celebrations! enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.