One night, on Mother's Day in fact, one of my boys kindly offered to rub my dear old aching feet which sometimes swell. (I think he was motivated by the swollen ankles that day.) Of course his enthusiasm waned in short time but the kids were all making jokes around that ad on TV where the islander lady is giving a massage to Rhonda (The highly acclaimed driver from the AAMI insurance ad for those who do not know). The masseuse is giving a wonderfully vigorous foot massage and tells Rhonda that she has a great brake foot! The other ladies come flocking around trying to get Rhonda's business but this determined woman says possessively. "Rhonda is mine. Rhonda is mine."
When my son ditched me my 3 1/2 year old grandson came over and began to ever so gently rub my feet. "Mumma is mine" he grinned up at the older boys, What a precious little man!
An hundred times a day I have to smile at the questions and sweet observations of the little folk around me.
Can you credit that the twins will be one in another few weeks??!! They are running everywhere now and particularly the little princess is saying a few words. She is a little feisty. Her blue eyed brother is a much more laid back nature but they can both roar if they feel they are not being heard or understood! The littlest grandie is like a koala. Very cute and cuddly. He is crawling everywhere and pulling himself so will not be left out for very much longer.
We were without the computer all last week. It was a good reminder to me just how much time can be frittered away in front of the screen. However, I sit here now and feel I'd like to stay up late and catch up on all the blog posts and articles I have missed in that time. I hope to get to read at your place soon :-)
Since there are five of us who use this poor old computer, time limitations are always a factor.
Wishing you all a wonderful and productive week. I know that I have a number of appointments and my mum has a small op this week so there will be interuptions but Lord willing, we will cover all that is necessary.
Micah 6:8


Oh my, that is way too sweet. I too was not a momma who wrote things down but they do come back to me from time to time.
ReplyDeleteLittle ones are hard work sometimes, but they brighten up our days so beautifully. I miss having little ones around, and their perspective on the world. Hope you have a lovely week Ruby xo
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back here and on Wordscraper! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers,
Carol
That is a cute TV ad, but your little grandson's take on it is so much cuter!!
ReplyDeleteI flew right over top of your area twice in the last 8 days (HB and I have been away for our 20th Anniversary holiday!) and I sent happy thoughts your way both times.
Yes, 'screens' do take up so much time when we allow it. I hardly touched a computer screen the whole time we were away, and it was another element in my level of relaxation.
How did we look?
DeleteBeautiful!
DeleteThe best thing for grandmas is to own an iphone... you can take videos so easily and upload them onto your computer.. it's like yesterday is here again when you play them.. wonderful for creating memories. The time goes way too fast, doesn't it? Blessings!
ReplyDeleteHa-haa, hilarious yet thoughtful. I am so much like you in this way, Ruby.
ReplyDeleteAnd, at our home, we all look at each other and laugh out loud when that ad comes on tv. :)
I think "Rhonda is mine" has quickly become as oft' quoted as Jan. ( As in the "Not happy Jan" line.
DeleteGood to hear from you. Hope you have a lovely week:)
ReplyDeletethat is so cute!!!
ReplyDeletehmm, I thought I commented on this post of yours a while back? blogger, arrrgh!
Ruby, this made me laugh when it came into my reader -- just wanted to drop by and leave my love and prayers for you.
ReplyDelete