Friday, August 26, 2011

Wardrobe Malfunction!

If I were a supermodel, or a rich and famous celebrity I'm sure I would be on the 6 o'clock news this evening.

It's 8.30 in the morning and I have pulled on the most convenient clothing to go with my daughter to the doctor with the four little kidlets, three of whom have miserable, chesty coughs and runny noses.

The large surgery is packed already, folks must get their appointments early to get to work I guess.  There is a great little children's play area with brightly coloured activity boards and the two older grandchildren race in to play with them.

GS one calls me to come over and make a phone call (on the board) but I am chatting to mummy so he comes over and grabs my hand to follow him. As I stand up and our hands drop, he grasps my skirt... the very convenient, elastic topped one I have pulled on this morning! SHAME!

I tell you, that waiting room was crowded!

This same mortifying thing happened to my sister years ago.  They were isolated from town on their outback property during a flood and clean, dry clothes were in short supply.  By two-way radio they organised to meet neighbours for a food drop at the river and several families rendezvoused there.
When her toddler pulled the skirt down to her ankles she revealed a pair of
her husbands undies.
Oh Shame!



Some rather interesting pics came up when searching under
"wardrobe malfunction"!

13 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! One moment of humiliation, many moments of genuine laughter for the rest of your life. I have lost weight and occasionally will be walking along in a public place and find that my slip has descended and is impeding me around the ankles. 'Dignity, always dignity.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! have you ever had to step out of it? In a dignifyed manner of course!
    I have found that a sense of humour and being able to laugh at yourself if a great help in coping with life. But hey, maybe other people don't make as many bloopers as I do??!!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaha! I do hope you weren't wearing 'your' husband's undies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry but I did have a chuckle when I read your story.

    The one time (that I know of) I had a similar incident was when I walked out of a restaurant ladies room with my dress tucked into my pantyhose at the back. I am so thankful the lovely elderly lady sitting nearest the ladies room grabbed me as I went by and helped me rectify the malfunction!

    I hope the little ones are feeling better soon. There's a lot of that miserable chesty cough and runny nose going on around here too. Hope you and the other adults don't catch it either.

    Love the cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mum-me! So glad someone was brave enough/ kind enough to help out!

    Jeanne, I assure you I was wearing my own, very sensible, "you never know when you might have to go hospital" undies. They are not my concern. It is the poor elderly folk with heart conditions and the long term traumatic stress for young children with those images preying on their innocent little minds, which I am worried about :-0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ruby! It's good to see you blogging again - I guess you have been for awhile and I've just caught on. And what a summer you've had! Oops, I mean winter ;D

    I'm glad to hear you're recovering your strength and getting lots of support, especially with such a busy household.

    Praying for you,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby, I love your sense of humor. Yes, I've had to (in a *very* dignified manner) step out of it -- not inconspicuously done as one must always bend over and lend a helping hand to the tangled process. And then one casually places the slip in one's purse. Hoping no one thinks any of this at all a strange way to behave in public . . . (and like you, concerned for the elderly and the young.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't help but chuckle when I read this. However, if this happened to me, I would be truly embarrassed. I would have pulled-up my skirt as quick as possible! Hopefully, you'll never have to see those people in the waiting room again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bet, Wildflower! And I didn't make eye contact with anyone! (Except my daughter, whose mouth was gaping :-o

    Heidi, I have seen a very dignified, classy woman carry off that manouvre!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing quite like that yet for me, but I nursed my babies and have been embarrassed by a strong let down while out in public. Sometimes you just can't get to a blanket quick enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have learnt that elastic waist skirts, toddlers, a baby needing a feed and church do not mix well. It is not funny bobbing up and down trying to not lose your skirt while getting the toddler to move off it and all this holding a crying baby in the middle of the sermon. Oh yes, I feel your pain! lol

    Best wishes
    Jen in NSW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jen,
    Just wanted to let you know that yours is one of the blogs I have not been able to comment on. I have read a few posts late.
    Oh and to commiserate...you've been there and done that. Hope you were sitting down the back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's funny! Glad you can laugh at yourself!
    Thanks for you comment on my blog. We were camping by the ocean a few weeks ago. I find the seaside very soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.