For over ten years one of the small local Christian Schools has extended an invitation to the Capricornia Homeschoolers to their Athletics carnival. It really adds a great dimension for the students who are educated mainly at home with their own families, and also gives good competition to the three small schools who attend.
We usually muster about 80 - 90 so we are a larger group than two of the schools!
About six years ago we decided on orange t-shirts for the children so they really look like a team.
On some excursions we take the students also wear the shirts and it has helped build some
team spirit and unity .
Our school days have been short and a little disorganized as I try to return to a little normality. But hey, what is normal. I am not sure here anymore :-(
Our area teacher with Groves has been very helpful. I suggested using some curriculum on DVD to spare myself a little leg work as my boys still require me for pretty much all the reading/ writing stuff they do. The teacher not only sourced out some material for me but also spend his own precious time in writing up worksheets for some of it.
I am very thankful as my energy tank is running very low.
This is my oldest grandson having a wonderful time with play dough.
(Mumma was aghast to find he had helped himself without the plastic cloth underneath :-)
Notice our very old, well used double school desks complete with ink wells and slate pencil troughs!
And here they are!
Our current household minus hubby and I.
Good times! Good times!
"Tribulation works patience.
'
My frustrations are minor...and trivial.
I get quite frustrated at my seemingly very slow progress and inability to do everything I want to do.
I still feel very tired but not the bone weary fatigue I experienced the first couple of weeks at home.
For which I am very thankful.





Love these pictures!
ReplyDeleteOne year in California, we had those desks with the ink wells where I taught the first ten years of my ever-changing career. My principal found the ink containers and the 10 year olds with good penmanship got to practice calligraphy by dipping pens in the ink wells that had to be at least 75 years old I would imagine. Adore those desks.
Praying for your strength.
Love,
Carol
Wonderful pics, Ruby, and it's always wonderful to hear from you. You are remembered all the time here. With so much love and prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a beautiful family! The twins are certainly growning quickly, as all babies do.
ReplyDeleteWe'll continue to remember you in our prayers.
The pictures are great. Sounds like you need to slow down a bit. Just think: an entire week where you only rest and read with the boys and cuddle the babies. I pray your strength will return soon.
ReplyDeleteI think the Lord gives fatigue so we know when to stop. When we are young, we didn't have to think about energy and stamina, we worked until bedtime, woke up and worked all day again. Now, we get the opportunity to learn wisdom by choosing how our limited energy can be spent. May the Lord give you great wisdom, quick healing and patience for the times your mind wants to accomplish more than your body allows.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessed household. Am a little jealous your grandbabies are in your home, mine are SO far away! Praying for you, friend!
mommamindy.blogspot.com
Ruby: Only now just catching up with your news! The twins are absolutely adorable. Brings back so many memories!
ReplyDeleteI think I was the last year to graduate from pencil to pen & ink & I so loved dabbling in the ink & the lovely swirly pattens you can make with an ink pen! We had desks just like this.
Praying for your continued health recovery & remembering other needs also. ♥
Your grandbabies (and grandtoddlers) are just gorgeous. I am glad to hear you're feeling a little less exhausted and I hope you are gaining more strength every day .... although I also hope your band of helpers will continue to support you in practical ways long after you're feeling back to 'normal' again.
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised to hear that your homeschool athletics team is so large. I have already met two families here in Brisbane who homeschool, and back in Canberra I didn't know anyone who did. It seems to be a much more popular choice in QLD than in ACT/NSW.
Ruby, your grandbabies are such cuties! Sounds like you are doing a great job managing things, despite feeling tired still. I hope you'll get stronger quickly, but until then maybe some good documentaries and read alouds? Sounds like the Groves guy is being a big help which is great, and I'm sure your boys are learning lots of hands on things like how to help out with the babies. xx
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you again Ruby. What cute bubs, they don't stay that small for long which is rather sad. The sports day sounds like a great idea including the homeschooler group.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week:)