Friday, November 5, 2010

When Apples go Pear Shaped!

The week looked so rosy. Full of promise and me feeling on top of the world.
Only a month of school to go and everything going on track.

Yep, coming up apples......

The school work returns needed to be in by Friday, so that was good.
But every day, some thing, that is life, happened and here it is Friday and
they are not done, that's bad.

My daughter with two little boys came to visit and stay overnight, so that was good.
But 1am in the morning the two year old was up vomiting so mummy and Grandma
were up too, that's bad.

At least I got back to sleep (unlike my daughter), so that's good.
But around 4am my younger son was also up sick, that's bad.

Thursday dawned snuggily and rainy and perfect for sleeping, reading and bookwork,
 so that was good.
But by the time we struggled in and out of the car with the babies, taking them home,
did routine shopping and errands, got to basketball, most of the day was lost.
Now that's bad.

Friday, sunshine! Hurrah, this is the day we will catch up. That's very good!
But after swimming Dad needed a hand with something, just a quick something,
which took until lunch time. Too Bad.

I might get a post up, a happy positive post. That is good.
But Optus is having problems and we have no internet. So, no, that's bad.

No internet. Ah, I will get a HEAP of house work done. That is good.
I am too tired from the hectic and disorganised week and it hasn't happened.
That turned out to be bad.

So, as I survey the carnage of the week that was I remember Monday and wonder
where things went pear shaped?

Now there's the weekend to look forward to. An early night perhaps?
There is the Communion Season at church with three good messages
and a blessed time of fellowship.
Maybe, just maybe, a sleep in tomorrow.
So, it's all good.

"His mercies are new every morning!"



HAVE A VERY GOOD WEEKEND!

13 comments:

  1. "For better or for worse" ... at least you were there for your family.
    Hugs to you, and hoping your grandson and son are well again soon.
    I hope you do have a restful weekend.

    Catherine xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all too well those days that make a mess of the week. No point getting stressed about it though, it all sorts it's self out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby xo I hope you have a restful weekend after your pear-shaped week. Life sometimes gets in the way of our best laid plans! I am living with many pears at the moment too. Some of them are even 'tasty'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Ruby, but I sniggered all through this. You been at my house this week? lol 'cause it sure sounds like it! We haven't sent in our work either ~ for obvious reasons. Ah well. I refuse to stress about what can't be helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your weekend is bright and sunny and very relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - what a week. Just think about your holidays...not long now! Hope everyone is well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how FlyLady says, "You are not behind." I have a garage sale on Friday and Saturday. Do you have those in Assie territory? I don't have items marked, but I am not going to stress. As Scripture says, "As thy day is so shall thy strength be" in the King James Version that my Dad used to quote to me.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all and you are right of course, Carol!
    I have stayed up past my pumpkin hour, though, and have all the work samples ready to mail in the morning. That way I can honestly say, "They're in the mail" on Monday :-)
    And no, I am not behind with house work and other domestic chores ~ just living in blissful chaos. Funny how there is always time to check the blog though. (She mutters to herself as she gives herself a little chastising slap :-) Night all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Jo. I have those days often and really there is no choice but to throw it off my back and move on to next thing. Otherwise it gets too easy to dwell thereby affecting my my moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it that you were able to think of all the good things of the week, soo. It keeps the bad from overwhelming us. May the rest of your school year go well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruby,

    I think that we can all relate to having those "pear days" or "pear weeks" if you will. Life seems to bring us the good as well as the bad. Let's just be thankful that we have God's grace to get us through the "pear times."

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like life is happening! Not good being sick though, hope all get better soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruby, thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Yes you have a lot on your plate with children at home and granchildren too, but I'm sure you are swamped in love and it is great there.
    Love and Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.