Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Praise & Thanks!

I'm thankful for:





*  My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

*  My husband, children and grandchildren,  around whom most of my life revolves.  After many  years of  health and other dramas it is amazing to me that God has so richly blessed us and preserved us. ♥♥♥♥

*  The long and productive lives of my parents and for my very special extended family (yep, all of them!)We will celebrate Dad and Mum's 60th anniversary in March next year, DV, and including them, we will  have 72 of us ~ children, spouses, grandchildren and great grandchildren. ♥

*  My large and active homeschooling group of friends.  The beautiful flowers I mentioned recently who fill  my life with colour and the wonderful and varied perfumes of the their distinct personalities! ♥

*  My little church family.  Especially JJ and Rae, who are a continual blessing and encouragement to me and the precious elderly couple who have taught me so much of life, love and service ♥.

*  The many special Bloggers who have become my friends over the past few years.  Some have burnt out and we don't see them much on line, some are reliable to post nearly every day and some of us are spasmodic, but it is a unique little community and I am very encouraged by many here ♥

*  The conclusion of another academic year.  We've had our highs and lows, as always but we have had a  very productive year. We finished Term 4 yesterday and celebrated with the Presentation Night last  night.

*  The exciting opportunity to take a holiday to Melbourne next week.  This is an amazing and unexpected   Providence of God and something my boys and I are really hyped about! Thank you, Jeanne ♥

*  The successful repair and restoration of vision in my right eye.  While I am still fairly blind in the other, it has made me really appreciate the sense of sight.  Many things we take for granted until we loose them. I am particularly thankful to be able to look upon the beautiful faces of my loved ones and the pleasure of being able to read again.

*  Health and safety throughout the year. Uplifting in times of grief, enabling in times of anxiety and sickness and added joy in times of blessing.


Thank you Lord




Although we do not celebrate a Thanksgiving Day in Australia
it is good to give praise and thanks to our great God
from whom all blessings flow!
Every day.

8 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! Enjoy your trip & give Jeanne a hug for me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

    Can't wait till you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, it is very good to give thanks and praise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very encouraging list of thanks. Thank you Ruby!

    I do hope Jeanne is planning to share just a lil' bit...

    xo,
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be worshipping at the RPC in Geelong next Lord's Day, DV. Hope to meet you then, Jeana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. Have a lovely trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful things to be thankful for Ruby they are truly such blessings.

    I hope your trip to Melbourne will be filled with wondrous moments and that you will have a most amazing holiday.

    Have a beautiful Friday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great list to be thankful for! How neat that you have such a big family. I look forward to all my kids & grandkids being around me when I'm older.
    We, in Canada, had our Thanksgiving in October. It's weird to think that you've just ended your school year when we go til June.
    Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.