Saturday, February 16, 2013

They make me smile.

My daughter was telling me how her four year old has taken over giving thanks before meals since they moved out from here.  He is a great talker and uses the opportunity to be thankful for a long list of things each night :-)  When he finally winds up the three year old groans dramatically, "The End"!!!!

The same little four year old has been regaling his kindy teacher and the class, and us, with his dinosaur knowledge. When questions are put to him regarding a name or information he stands astride and declares, "I am a dinosaur expert."



Anyone with little people around will agree that the funny little ways they say things makes you smile.  Children seem to make you smile just for no real reason. Adults can use some lessons from those uncomplicated little beings!

We don't celebrate saints feast days here so last Thursday passed mostly unremarkably.  The teenagers being the only ones slightly interested :-) Seeing something on TV on tonight (Saturday) my hubby asked, "Oh, when is Valentine's Day?"  Haha.....he's a keeper all right!

I actually read a number of good, thought provoking posts around the blog world on husbands, wives and "love" in general.  In this age when many relationships are short lived it is encouraging to read the "good news" stories of lasting love and life time commitment. 

This clip has been doing the rounds but in case you haven't seen it I'm linking it.  I thought it was very special. ♥


What is real love?

8 comments:

  1. Popping in to say a quick hi. I love little kids' approach to life. I once found my eldest perched patiently on a pile of rocks waiting for them to *hatch*. The mind boggles at what might have emerged! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the simplicity of children, no wonder Jesus said you have to have faith like a child to enter His kingdom, for it all is really quite simple. They just grow up so quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful grandchild!

    About Valentines, it's important to appreciate our loved ones all year long, not just one day. It is a silly celebration indeed and I respect those who do not celebrate holidays. Some do not even celebrate birthdays, but you do celebrate those, don't you?

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do. We do not believe they are related to worship at all.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for clarifying.

      How do I get "rely" boxes on my Google blog? You have always taught me the variety and fun or blogging.

      Delete
    3. Carol, I wish I knew! One day I just realised I had the reply function :-) I suspect it is attached to certain templates but not others.

      Delete
  4. We don't go all out for St V's day but I did buy a little box of ginger chocolate and a few funny things for my husband (as he was a bit down) and he bought me a great photography book. Now that it's just the two of us, these little treats are nice. We do spoil each other at other times of the year as well.

    Children are adorable and can come out with the funniest things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could take your grandson here http://www.museumoftherockies.org/Collections/Dinosaurs.aspx

    at the Montana State University. They have discovered more T-Rexes in Montana than anywhere. The collection is amazing.

    I love that he claims he is an EXPERT. Adorable!

    My grandson is 2.5 and constantly says, "GWAMMA, WOOK!" Grandma, Look, for those who need an interpreter. :)

    Kids are adorable and I wish I had written down more things from my own kids' childhoods.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.