![]() |
| If only............ |
It goes without saying that I have missed my daughter and her children A LOT! being the first week that I have not seen them every day! I miss their spontaneous cuddles and eager eyes. Little twin boy, the moment he sees me runs for a ball and throws and catches for as long as I can keep it up. Little twin girl wants me to put on her shoes and often just wants to sit on my lap when we visit. The older boys are full of exciting events and achievements. They all seem to have suddenly grown up A LOT! Sigh......
I won't deny, I am loving the quiet. I am savouring the personal space and less of everything....cooking, washing, folding, cleaning!
Suddenly I am like most other grandmothers and having to make a time for visits and fitting in with their new routine and they with ours. It is amazing how easily we have slotted back into our old ways and I know that school for my boys is going to benefit A LOT!
The same for my other daughter and her boys since her eldest is at kindy. Oh dear, it is like weaning! Needless to say, I have much to learn and experience of this role of mother and grandmother. A LOT!
With a quieter house, my time for reading and prayer has come so naturally. I have yearned for this and really appreciate it now. While there are lots of ongoing needs in our house everything is so much less frantic and "solvable " :-)
I've listened to a number of Glen Campbell numbers today through the link which led me to the clip below.
Here is a little gem to sign off with today. Even if you are not a fan you must love this classic? I like it A LOT!
Glen Campbell is suffering from Alzheimer's and here he is playing Dueling Banjos (one of my faves) with his daughter at his farewell concert.


When things get so hectic here, I have to remind myself that someday, I will have quiet. It sounds like you are ready to move into this new season with joy!
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling the SAME thing. Missing the grandkids like crazy, but enjoying the peace of a household with ONLY six people in it, instead of 11, and enjoying the extra time without all the chores. Keeping that many people in toilet paper was a big deal!
ReplyDeleteMay the Lord bless both your homes as you seek to raise your families separately, but for Him!
Ah yes, the toilet paper! Little people in training love the stuff!
DeleteNot having to do so much extra work is good. :o)
ReplyDeleteI do miss my daughter's input though :-)
DeleteI imagine your little grandchildren are trying to figure out why Nanna and Pop and the Uncles are suddenly not around all the time, and they probably miss you all so much! I remember when my brother moved interstate when my son was not quite 2 years old. Every time we visited my mum & dad (with whom my brother had been living) Mr 2yo would wander the house looking for his favourite Uncle, calling his name over and over. He even would look in the chook house! It took him months to finally stop looking and accept that Uncle was no longer around. But I can imagine how much you're enjoying the peace and quiet. When I'm feeling frazzled and overwhelmed I try to remember that one day my home will be empty and quiet .... and I will probably be lonely wish they were still here with me!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we need to learn contentment in what ever stsge we are in.
DeleteNow that there is only 2 in the house I really have very little to keep me busy as I once did, I have so much free time I feel a little guilty! The house is very quiet and nothing really gets messy, such a change to having children about . My grand children (future) are some time away, but that is something I am looking forward to.
ReplyDeleteIt will turn your world upside down....but in a lovely way!
DeleteAppreciate the link for Glenn Campbell and also love how you describe this transition,
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers,
Carol
Praise God! "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
ReplyDelete