Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Birth Days

Birthdays come and go fairly regularly here.  Happily, we still make a fuss about the day and today was no different.  My older son's fourteenth birthday.  You can read his birth story on other birthday posts here and here.



Looking cool in Canberra!

Much loved uncle.












Today I have been reflecting on the special-ness of each child's birth.  It is a day to celebrate and remember for them, but especially precious to the mother and father, but particularly I think mothers.  I try to make mention of each of my siblings birthdays to Mum and a special point to remember the birth of my sister who died.  Her birthday is very precious to my mother as is my own little son's who did not live long enough to mark his age in years but days only.

The birth days of my children are THE most special days of my life.  Now that I have grand children, I look forward to a day when I can recount to them the excitement and anxieties of their birth days.


He has set the solitary in families!

My own four children and the little grandchildren.  Since these six are all born within three years of each other it will not be long until they are almost like sextuplets!  And note the sweet little girl on the right ♥
I hope this happy snap makes you smile ~ it sure does me!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family, Ruby. You truly are blessed. Thanks for sharing the picture, I loved seeing your family together.
    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely family! Your heart must just sing when you look at them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does make me smile, Ruby. I am so happy in your joy. What a heap of treasure on and around that couch! Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruby,

    You have a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what?
    *I always find this very exciting* Two very plain homely people like hubby and me, produced the most gorgeous looking children! Totally biased and blinkered mother speaking here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy b/d to your dear son! I only have one and her b/d is very special to me so I can imagine what it must be like for you:) you are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful family! Yes, those birthdays are so special. Glad that your boys are enjoying being uncles from what I understand.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.