Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Every Thought Captive

2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV)
“ Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

How often we let our minds run on with vain imaginations, often distorting the plain reality of a situation and blowing it up out of all proportion.
I think this is one of the good reasons God created man and woman.  Men do not seem so prone to this. What about you sisters?  Do you have days where from the time you get up in the morning, that first coffee, that first peek at the emails, blogs, news updates, you find yourself day dreaming.  Using precious time in airy fairy useless waffle?
This happens to me ..... a lot.

Taking every thought captive?

Philippians 4

 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Brief, but this is my line of thought at the moment.
Have a great week, bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.











9 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby - are you able to send me your postal address so I can send you winning handmade tissue holder. My email address is:

    joluisesd@gmail.com

    I will post the parcel later this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruby, I essentially *am* a useless airy fairy waffle. Those last verses are especially precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this does this happen to me...a lot! It's something I really need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get up and study Scripture first to counteract this. Ruby knows I post Scripture every morning on Facebook before I do anything else. I am also being led to pray more often. We can train our minds and hearts if we choose to, but God also gives us the grace to accept that training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our pastor preached on this last Sunday and now its here in your blog too. Also something similar on another website I visit frequently. Hmm, I think God is trying to tell me something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not the practical sort. Not sure that it's the day~dreaming itself that is the problem so much as what we day~dream about ~ hence the injunction to take every thought captive! We are as we think. The more we think like Christ the more we will act like Him also. Migraine; am I even making sense? ♥ my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I tend to be on the daydreamer side a bit myself. I can also be prone to distort things out of proportion on occasion too, so this brief but much needed post was something I needed to hear. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say that I'm not a day dreamer but actually that's not quite so true. I'm an ideas gal. I get great ideas that come at me regularly. I then set out to put those ideas into action.

    It's all good so far eh?

    But then I get bogged. Doesn't matter how fast I rev my engine, the tyres are spinning rapidly but I ain't going anywhere. ;)

    Why not? because I can't focus on one thing. My head buzzes... and I am so distracted by every other little thought- instead of focussing. Argh...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.