After a rather long sabbatical, I am back!
Sometimes we go through phases of life where everything is predictable, scheduled, ho hum even. Other seasons are more frantic - spontaneous. Sometimes, we are caught unaware and life carries us along paths we never imagined.
Two weeks ago I blogged from the Brisbane airport waiting to return from my appointment to the Eye Clinic. That day I noticed a soreness in my arm, like a bruise, and I think I mentioned I had a niggling headache. By Friday night that arm was fierce and swollen and very painful. Turns out I had a DVT there and a severe infection. So whilst in hospital dealing with the symptoms some other things began happening. I had skyrocketing blood pressure, which had been going on for a couple of weeks and other sensations which indicated things where not going so well. By the Monday, my bloods showed I'd had a triponin leak which is an indicator of a heart event. I then spent a couple of days in Coronary Care before the problem was made more clear. A little of the clot had gone to my lung which was causing grief to my heart and causing the leak - so no heart attack!
I am sure it all sounds very dramatic to anyone reading but alas, this is the way things go for me sometimes.
I was able to come home last week on the Hospital in the Home scheme and have my condition and new medications monitored here which has been great. I am feeling really well now and praising God for His mercy!
So, needless to say, my best laid plans have not come to fruition for a really full on term of school work with my boys before the birth of my daughter's twins. She is due in about six weeks. Any mother who is teaching her children at home and also coping with chronic illness knows that we have to be somewhat flexible in our schedules. It is a challenge and I won't commit to writing a post on that topic as I frankly do not think I have been the best of examples in it.
On the positive side, two of the boys' supervising teachers have made visits in the last couple of weeks. This has been good motivation for them and great encouragement for me, who naturally wonders whether I should keep on the road we are going. My older son is joining the Homeschoolers trip to Canberra in August which the school is organizing. He is very excited. I think this will officially make him the most travelled member of our family!
Whilst in hospital I jotted down several anecdotes and other ideas for blog posts which perhaps will make it here in the near future, I am still limited in my usage of the computer and the three weeks enforced break, with no internet here, has perhaps helped to wean me from the need to check my favourite blogs too often.
I hope to catch up with you all over the next few days and comment. I have been missing all the happenings at your places and trust you are all well and happy.
Though I have posted this verse several times before it is very precious to me and I leave you with it now.
"My flesh and my heart faitheth, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."


It does sound scary Ruby! I'm so glad you're feeing better now, and pray you will continue to improve. I love reading your blog posts.
ReplyDeleteOh Ruby! So glad the Lord has preservered your life. We are not having a good school year here either. We are making exceptions for all sorts of things as Liddy's time home is now so limited & we feel Star will benefit far more from time spent with her sister than at her books plus my middle boy is playing yo~yos which disrupts my entire house! ♥♥♥ All things are working togetgher for good! ☺
ReplyDeleteRuby that is so scary. I'm so thankful everything is okay and you got things worked out with your arm. Praise the Lord. And those babies are almost here!! I can't wait to hear the happy news.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Tricia
Dear, dear Ruby, we are so sorry for your continued tribulation. However, I do rejoice that tribulation works patience, I know the Lord has sustained you with grace, mercy and peace. I knew you were gone for a good reason, so I was praying. So sorry to hear of your serious health issues, we just dealt with cardiac arrest with my 49 year old healthy brother, but the Lord gave him grace, too.
ReplyDeleteAs you continue to heal and minister and homeschool, may the Lord give you the wisdom to know where to give your energies. I learned that while sick. Looking forward to hearing how the Lord is working and praying for good health, healthy babies and sons that blossom even under these circumstances. Love you, sister!
Momma Mindy
Oh my! It does indeed sound dramatic and scary. I think you minimise it just a little. Would have been painful and emotionally tumultuous.
ReplyDeleteI'm rejoicing with you and the other ladies, in that you are on the road to recovery now. You will be in my prayers over the coming weeks.
♥♥♥so good to hear from you and on the road to recovery♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteIt must be very hard with health problems and a baby on the way + home schooling - at least you know that our gracious God is with you and watching over you. Hope you have time to put your feet up and relax.
Looking forward to your blog story from the hospital!!
Blessings
Ruby I'm so glad to hear that you are recovering at home. God is so good to preserve a very sweet friend -- dear to so many of us and even moreso to your growing family. I pray you will have joy in the coming weeks with your daughter's delivery; and that you will find God's promise of strength and wisdom for the providences of each day to be unfailing especially now.
ReplyDeleteOh Ruby, you have had a time of it, haven't you?
ReplyDeleteI hope your recovery now continues to go well. And the challenge of homeschooling with a chronic illness will be conquered, for a time anyway.
It is such a comfort to know God is our strength when we are weak and failing ...... a favourite verse of mine as well!
Hope you have a lovely day :)
I'm so glad there are so many positives to your last three extremely eventful weeks. It is good to know Whose hands you are in since we don't "see" each other regularly. Like you, my internet sabbatical did me good.
ReplyDeleteRuby,
ReplyDeleteOh dear! The situation with your arm sounds pretty horrifying to me. I know that you said that's how it is for you sometimes, but I am still sorry that you had to endure all those doctors, hospitals, and illnesses. It's never fun to be sick. I'm just thankful that the Lord got you through all that, and I pray that he will continue to give you strength.
At any rate, I hope that you will be able to let us know when your daughter has her babies. I'm also hoping that her pregnancy is still going well, and that everything is "in order" on that front . . .
Take care Dear Friend, and thank you for stopping by my blog the other day inspite of your busy schedule. As you can see, I haven't forgotten about you either. :)
Blessings,
-L. Rose
Poor Ruby!
ReplyDeleteAnd just when such exciting things were happening in your family!
But as you say, His timing is perfect, and we can rest in that assurance.
Can't wait to read your next post on the hospital stay and see how our prayers have been answered. Glad you are home now.
ReplyDelete