What splendid, busy days they are!
All of our family have been "Spring cleaning" here. Although it is now Autumn it is better late than never.
We seem to have accumulated a LOT of STUFF over twelve years in this house! Not only have we ditched a heap of hoarded things but gotten rid of old, broken, never likely to be used again items which for some reason in the past have been hard to part with. Also clothing, stored clothing, maybe one day clothing and I used to fit that clothing! 4 bags at lease to Lifeline. And books..... not many books have been culled but some, a few. Many old girlie, horsey books, not much else.\
It is good to have incentive.
It now seems almost certain that my daughter will stay here with us until after her twins arrive and the early months of their lives, Lord willing. We are very keen for her to do this and she can see the advantages, though she still may go into her own place earlier if the right place comes up. (She is checking out a house only around the block from us next week.) With only twelve weeks to go, she is getting large and she and her boys are benefiting a lot from the family support. Anyway, for this reason we have rearranged our sleep out area and she has moved some of her furniture in there in readiness for the arrivals.. I would appreciate prayer for the safe delivery of these twins and for my daughter and family. She has had a great deal of stress but is coping well and we are very encouraged by her maturity and commitment to her little ones. Also for my second daughter whose baby is due in October. Although her situation is much better I still have a heavy heart for her.
Anzac Day 2011
We will attend the Dawn service and the local march. We will talk about old family wartime stories. We always remember and pray for those Australians in areas of conflict at this time. We will be thankful for the great sacrifice made by those who have given there lives and those who have given their precious loved ones for the sake of peace and safety in our country. We have pledged...From the going down of the sun and in the morning.....
We will remember them.
LEST WE FORGET
In the absence of any new thoughts I will link to my post from Remembrance Day last year in which I reviewed the book "A Rose for the Anzac Boys" and told a little of my own Grandfather's story from the horrendous years of the Great War.

We've just come home from the Anzac Parade here. Three of my girls marched with their school.
ReplyDeleteWill remember your daughters in prayer.
We will remember them.
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you and all of your family, Ruby. xxx
I have been doing a bit of a clean out - I find it liberating!! In fact I have been given things from my house to my son for his house.
ReplyDeleteJust a quiet day at home this ANZAC day.
Hugs Jo
xx
So good to hear from you again! Been missing my peeks into Ruby's life! I had a daughter live with me before and after birth of a baby and it was so wonderful. Of course, it's hard for them to move back into mom's house, they so long for their own home, but it can be such a bonding time, as well. Twin babies - she'll definately need the help! Blessings to you, sister.
ReplyDeleteRuby,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have your hands full these days. I need to do some "spring cleaning" in my home too, particularly in our master bedroom, as it is become more and more cluttered as the days go by. It's kind of scary to think about how much stuff one can accumulate in their homes over the years, goodness!
I pray that both of your daughters will have safe deliveries. Please keep us informed, if you can, of their progress. I am thankful that despite the stress, they are both healthy and relatively relaxed.
Anyway, take care Dear Lady, and know that I have not forgotten about you. :)
Blessings,
-L. Rose