Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When I was Two

When I was two
I was hardly new.

You might comprehend how busy and tiring this last week has been by the fact that I have not posted all week. Even, or perhaps especially, great talkers like myself burn out at times. I know we have many months of Summer ahead but the heating up of the weather here contributes to the tiredness at day's end.

We had a lovely family day last Saturday to celebrate our oldest grandson and nephew's second birthday.
He has had his curly locks trimmed and looks quite the little grown up boy now. He had a wonderful time with a few very nice gifts. He took a great liking to this little golf club. He and his cousin, my second grandson, spent hours just wielding those sticks and occasionally making contact with the balls. (More often making contact elsewhere :-)



Little brother is just plain tuckered out!



Me and my cuz!

Auditioning for Braveheart!
(My boys ~ Supporting their basketball club at the finals)

9 comments:

  1. So glad you posted. I was starting to worry...but I do know what you mean about big talkers. lol Somehow we have to recuperate for the next round! Lovely, lovely grandsons & your big boys are definitely ring~ins for Mel! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was two
    I was hardly new
    Now that I'm 66
    It's hard to pick up sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But wait! It's my Tuesday,
    But it's your Wednesday!
    It's not wordless?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your verse Carol!
    Actually, I posted this late yesterday afternoon about 5.30pm but it seems to didn't come through the blog reader until 4am this morning. I don't know why that is, but I have noticed that happening a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ganeida, I even got my girls in the pics, sorta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are the days aren't they? Family is so precious. What a sweet one you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you enjoying your famiily ! While it's warming up where you are, we are still waiting for warm days to arrive! Thankfully the sun continues to shine most days, but the air is still cool. Love this spring weather actually - so unpredictable. I'm off to potter in my garden now, as the children are all watching a movie (spring holidays here ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics of the littlies. I know what you mean about the heat making you tired. Although I prefer summer to winter, I don't like really hot humid days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely family Ruby... your grandsons must be such a joy and a delight to your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.