Friday, September 3, 2010

What are little boys made of?




Snips 'n' snails 'n' puppy dogs' tails ~
That's what little boys are made of! 


What better way to enjoy the Spring weather than a play with your cousin? These are happy golden days! The sun is shining, the grass is growing, the birds are singing. And little men are busy with all the stuff that little men do.....


GS 1.
He will be two next week!

GS3
9 months. The baby of the family but growing fast.

 GS 2
22.5 months. What a larrikin!

Amidst all the busyness of this week we celebrated my Dad's 86th birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dad, Grandad, Great Grandad!
Dad and I in 1964
xoxo

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Truly 'Happy golden days' Ruby, I love the photos of your little busy men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your papa. How wonderful. And what precious little boys. I wish soooooooo bad I lived around my little grand loves. Thanks so much for praying for baby we really appreciate it.

    warmly,
    tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, the Gss are bea~ut~tiful! You have had a busy week but I'm glad you found time to celebrate 6 enjoy the inportant things. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your dad!
    Now, what is a larrikan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...larrikan = rogue, scallyway, scamp, practical joker, generally happy, fun person.
    Often used over here in conjunction with laid back. eg a laid back aussie larrikan think of Mel Gibson in Gallipoli or Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee. In describing my grandsons this way I just mean they are cute, mischievous and fun loving.

    Oh, I googled the definition and it says:
    •Larrikinism is the name given to the Australian folk tradition of irreverence, mockery of authority and disregard for rigid norms of propriety. Larrikinism can also be associated with self-deprecating humour.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larrikin

    I have never thought of it as an exclusively Aussie term. Well, there you go!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.