Friday, September 17, 2010

Things We Say Wrong...er...incorrectly!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started! lol ☺

    & then I made a doozy of a typo! That'll larn me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny...and then again not really!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a very good laugh - so funny but very true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed that! I've heard it said that the English language is one of the hardest to learn because of all the slang and exceptions to the rules of grammar. Have a lovely weekend, Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - I really loved that. 'Specially since I live 'rite cheer' in the south! And we don't do anything without 'fixin' to do it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, well, that was interesting and very funny!! Very true, things are bad but I don't think it's 'genetic' I think it's bad teaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is AWESOME!

    Some of my very pet peeves!

    True, though, that some things are fine in speech, but not in writing. Some things are bad in both.

    One of my other pet peeves is making "you" into "choo", as in "What abow-choo?"

    And, BTW, (I left this on my blog, but wanted to mention it on yours too...)

    Please, don't feel any insult regarding Washington/Washington D.C.!!!

    We have FIFTY states and I'm sure most Americans would have trouble listing all fifty, much less mapping them. And do you think many Americans could even NAME your seven? (It is seven, isn't it? West Aus, Northern Terr, South Aus, Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania? Did I miss any?)

    Funny thing is Washington (state) was nearly named Columbia, but they nixed that, feeling it would be confused with Washington D.C. (District of Columbia - which is sort of like the A.C.T.). Go figure.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Julie,
    Six states here though, as Nothern Territory is just a Territory as per ACT. Full marks for your Aussie geography! As I've said before you have actually seen more of this great land than I have!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.