Monday, September 6, 2010

A Simple Philosophy

Do What You Do Do Well
 by Sonny James

He couldn't move a mountain
Or pull down a big oak tree
But my daddy became a mighty big man
With a simply philosophy

 chorus
Do what you do do well boy
Do what you do do well
Give your love and all your of heart
And do what you do do well

Now sometimes he'd kissed my mama
and hold her so tenderly
When he'd look across the top of her head
Then he'd wink and say to me

 chorus

Now he was a man of laughter
But if tragedy came by
The tears ran free and he'd say to me
 Never be afraid to cry .
chorus

Today I still remember
Just like it was yesterday
About a mighty big man
with a mighty big heart
And a mighty few words to say

repeat chorus

9 comments:

  1. I've been trying to teach this to my 13 year old son - not the song but the concept that if you're going to do something you may as well do it well. Don't think it's sinking in .. yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to teach my sons to do things well (as my dad taught me) but sometimes I wonder if it is sinking in at all. My youngest (who is almost 18) is not trying very hard at all and it is showing in his school work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only we could put old heads on young shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you commented on the pic! In my album it is titled "Present Sir!" This is my dear old Dad, taken at a school reunion 35 years ago when he answered the roll as one of the few remaining first day pupils from his primary school. Country gentlemen still tip their hat! You don't see that often today. ☺
    Every picture tells a story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you are modeling that philosophy of do it well to God's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great song - and a great philosophy.
    Perfect for Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. Sniff.

    Love the pic too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.