Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Three little words"


You know from my blog that I am a genius ~ mwhahahahahhaha!!!
Truth is I am often ditzy and unco-ordinated.  It goes without saying that I don't read maps well :-)

So last week I ordered a new bed.  One of those bunks with double on the bottom and single on top.  The boys have been back to sharing a room since our daughter and family have been here and it was very crowded, so this seemed to be the best solution to give them some space.  The picture looked so nice!  The salesperson was very accommodating and we bargained a good price - alas, those "three little words" that I dread -
 Ready to assemble!

All you Ikea loving, allen key toting readers may well laugh...  But for me, this is no laughing matter.  It strikes fear in my heart even looking over the instructions!!!!  Fortunately, other members of the household are not deterred by such confusing pieces of paper and the bunks look just fine.

                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My third grandson turned three today! They are all growing up so very quickly, it is hard to fathom where the years are racing to.  GS 3 is one of those absolutely gorgeous cute little boys who is into every conceivable mischief he can find!  So I can finish this brief post with those other three little words ~  "I Love You" ♥♥



Three Amigos!
Birthday boy in the middle.
The twins check out the new quad bike

14 comments:

  1. Love Ikea, but not those three words! My husband doesn't do mechanical things any more. I am taking our rug cleaner to a vacuum repair gentleman for instructions. Can't find the manual and even if I could, I prefer in person help. Lesson I have learned: never have someone come clean your rugs because eventually spots come up. Like my own rug cleaner.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Ikea, but I must admit that I prefer your latter three little words to the former. I love you too, my friend. I think you're pretty smart too, even if you are DIY challenged. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When all else fails: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Need I say no~one in this house ever reads the instructions. They would prefer to muddle along on their own. So you know what our DIY stuff looks like, yes...?

    PS: I think you're pretty smart too. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, my hubby can read and understand instructions. He also is great at measuring the crazy array of screws and bolts and making sure everything goes in the right plan.

      Delete
  4. We had a bunkbed like that for years and it was so great! We had 2-4 girls sharing a room for years, and the bed gave them more space to play in their room, instead of being filled with beds.

    My kids always used it like a climbing structure at the playground, so eventually got a little squeaky and wobbly, but I'm pretty sure you're kids wouldn't do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. No, of course mine wouldn't. dream of climbing on them:-)
      We actually left off the ladder and rail to deter the small people from getting on them :-) We used bunks for our cubbies and forts as kids though :-)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to Grandson number 3! What a joyful occasion.

    I was very proud of myself once for assembling a vacuum cleaner! It is just that when I came to vacuum, I forgot to insert the dust cup and didn't realise until I had done a good portion of the 'vacuuming.' Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have a bed like that too. Alas, it has since been worn down and all broke with so many kids going through it but I remember really liking it. I have 5 girls in one room still and I would love to get hold of another one!

    Those little boys are growing up right before my eyes. Happy late birthday to the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will confess that I have never visited Ikea or bought anything from them. They aren't in Canberra and you can't buy online and their nearest store is in Sydney - perhaps I am the only person who has never been there!! Glad your bed finally got assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny Ruby! Neither me nor hubby are good with "RTA" lol! Your grandsons are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also on the ditzy side, and so I pass along all those assembly items to the big boys. :o)

    I do like Ikea though, and we would sometimes just go there for a walk and lunch when we lived in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.