Friday, August 24, 2012

The First 600

As I sat reading through my blog reader just now, the information bar at the top of the page reminded me that I had posted 599 posts at "Mumma's Place" !  Wow!  Almost four years of scribbles here on my little part of the web!  So, this is number 600 and I wasn't actually planning a post so I don't have a lot to say.

Perhaps a lot of my posts have been like that?  Just the random mumblings of a stay-at-home mum.  I know my earlier posts came a lot more regularly and I enjoyed blogging to a loose schedule.  Theological, family, school, memories.  Now, I post only about once a week and often just to remind myself that we actually did do stuff that week.  It is a diary of sorts.

One of the things I love most about blogging is all the wonderful characters I have met out there.  Some with very similar ideas and lives and others with very different ones.  In a stage of life where I am often unable to get out and about for social things, this has been a real delight and blessing.

I saw this little plaque recently and thought it humorous:


Every visitor brings joy to this house ~
Some when they arrive
And others when they leave!







I hope there are lots of good people bringing joy into your home!  Have a great weekend everyone.  The brilliant sunshine here is Central Queensland invites us to get outside and soak it up.


8 comments:

  1. Well done on getting to 600! I love knowing you and what Jeanne has written on her blog about your humor sums you up perfectly. Believe it or not I'm quite serious but love laughing at peoples humor and you always bring a smile to my face. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a lot of blog posting. :o) It was super lovely to hear from you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 600th, Sweetheart. You hide your age well.

    It is always a joy visiting Mumma's Place. xxx

    Many Happy Returns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ruby! Yes I concur.....I envision you as a cheeky person of sorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh...so much for wanting to give an impression of wisdom and discretion....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, how about cheeky and wise ?;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "random mumblings". I think that's what we all identify with as moms/mums ourselves! (Gives mum-bling new meaning, yah?) :D I feel like we're chatting over the back fence.

    And, by the way, love the photo of your kids and grandkids in the header! Looks like a fun and lively bunch :D

    Julie G

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great to be able to post our random thoughts and the weekly bits and pieces. I know I look back over mine and am reminded of things I had forgotten about.

    "Good on you" for reaching your 600th post, and many many more to come.

    Love and Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.