Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Snippets


Here is the last week or so in pics.  I hope everyone is doing well, whatever you are doing.  Especially the hard working home schoolers.  I am not on so often these days but I don't see too many of you old friends on either and not so many posts.  Do you think our blogging days are dwindling?  We are enjoying the fabulous crisp turn of the season weather here ~ especially the littlies.



Tuesday's big excitement!


Not much makes it into the oven ;-)

The Groves Workshop
Students learn a song in German

Tuesday nights
The boys cook!


My cousin lays a poppy on our Uncle's plaque at
the Victory in the Pacific Memorial
Last weekend


The other daughter and family
holidayed in Cairns.

Photogenic aren't they?


A precious bundle of cuteness!
   The weeks are flying by and our busy household have all been sick :-(
As with most large families it has taken a while to get around us all but hopefully we are back on the mend.

The boys attended the Groves workshop today which centred around Geography and Language.  We all had a good time.  The teachers put in a huge effort to make these workshops educational and fun and a good day for parents to discuss the students programs and our concerns.  I find them especially encouraging with both our academic battles as well as health and family concerns.

Good night all.

12 comments:

  1. Adorable pics of the grandbabies. And it is hard to find time to blog sometimes. I manage about once a week most times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once a week seems to be all I manage and not a lot of substance I'm afraid. However, I want to keep it going for my own record and maybe one day family.

      Delete
  2. It looks like your boys are wonderful cooks! I'm so sorry to hear about the sickness. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys are learning by doing Tuesday night teas alternately. (When it pans out) They can both manage basics so I do not fret about them being useless young men in that department. Still, they prefer to eat rather than cook it! Both my girls went through high school years cooking tea once a week and yet when they left home felt they didn't know much. I guess it is too easy with mum standing by to give instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures and so impressed by the cooking of the boys.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice week you've been having. I, too, am impressed with the boys' cooking prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of your family having fun. Yes, it quite around blogging world, sometimes it's hard to find enough time to write a post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so good to hear from you Ruby. I haven't been on in a while. Just can't seem to muster up much of a desire other than random posts I make from my phone. We are just so busy planning another wedding that was to be held in mid November to September 1ar! Happy for that and for the engaged couple but nervous about pulling it off as well. He only got the week of Thanksgiving off and they just thought they'd be rushing their wedding/honeymoon with only a week. So here we are looking to marry off another daughter very soon! Thanks for sharing a little of your life as of late. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopee! Never a dull moment at your place! Hope all goes well and look forward to future posts.

      Delete
  8. Nice to see some photos of your family Ruby and the dinner your boys cooked looks great! :)
    Yes, I manage to post once a month lol! Life is just too busy at the moment. I have also noticed it being a bit quiet in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictured meal was made by my younger son. The following week the older did the same with steak. My boys LOVE Potato Bake and so choose to cook it, or request it, fairly often. Other than that it is mostly things like Spagetti Bolognaise or a pasta dish. Still, we all enjoy those favourites!

      Delete
  9. I'm a big fan of boys cooking and my always loved to be in the kitchen helping out and eating anything they could!! Little boys who cook grow up to be big boys who like to cook!! Thankyou for sharing your lovely photos with us all. Your weather looks nice and warm (unlike ours), perfect for being outdoors in.

    Have a lovely weekend (hope you are all well again) .

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.