These days life is much more "time consuming" and my head is far too fluffy trying to manage teenagers, their school work and their activities. Add to that the unusual multi-generational living arrangements that we have and voila! ~ Ruby no longer blogs very often at all! In fact, Ruby doesn't seem to have a lot of thoughts at all these days! (Oh, dear, I used to be such a day dreamer!)
Our Sunday night sermon was from Ecclesiastes. Vanity of vanities, all is vanity. Am I spending my life striving for the vain wisdom of this world and earthly affirmation? The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
An old campaigner like me should know that keeping my eyes on the Lord and immersing myself in his Word defends against luke warmness and apathy. But I fail.....again, and again and again :-( And the thing which infuriates me the most about it all is my lack of wisdom. God has never failed to meet every need I have had. He has always been faithful to bring resolution to every conflict and a peaceful ending to every trial.
Just writing that has helped me to regain focus :-)
Psalm 42:5
(Metrical version)
O why art thou cast down, my soul?
why in me so dismay'd?
Trust God, for I shall praise him yet,
his count'nance is mine aid.
why in me so dismay'd?
Trust God, for I shall praise him yet,
his count'nance is mine aid.
It is not the busyness of my life, or the beautiful people in it, which causes this empty season but a failure to cling to Christ as I know I should.....I must.
I feel that also. The more I daily am in the Word and fervent in prayer, the more peace I have.
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers,
Carol
"Like" Thanks Carol. ( A "Like" button would be good on blogger, don't you think.)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Carol. Otherwise, all truly is vanity. And I agree with you Ruby. A 'like' button would be appropriate!
ReplyDeleteRuby, you've gone and done it again. Just stop it, will you? Stop spying on me and stay out of my head.
ReplyDeleteLOLOLOL
In other words, I had to read this post over again, just to make sure it was you who wrote it and not me! :)
Hahaha. One of the wonderful thing about the Christian church is that we have brothers and sisters in Christ in every place we go. Even the internet! And so often, they have experienced the exact same trials or temptations. I am sometimes loath to post when I am in a valley but I know it will always strike a chord with someone and it makes me known as a real person to readers. May the Lord lift you up Susan .
DeleteMy head is fluffy too. ;)
ReplyDeleteSssshhhhh....... we don't want anyone to get the idea that home schooling mums are ... well, um....flaky!
DeleteThe Lord is our strength and our song. He teaches me that again when I am weak and unable to sing, because I have lost focus on Him. He doesn't let us look away too long, I think -- it's one of His kindest faithfulnesses to us.
ReplyDelete'An old campaigner like me should know that keeping my eyes on the Lord and immersing myself in his Word defends against luke warmness and apathy. But I fail.....again, and again and again :-( And the thing which infuriates me the most about it all is my lack of wisdom. God has never failed to meet every need I have had. He has always been faithful to bring resolution to every conflict and a peaceful ending to every trial.'
This is a beautiful testimony and brings tears. 'I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.'