Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Keepers...


WORDLESS  WEDNESDAY

12 comments:

  1. Keepers for sure. So elegant and shiny. My husband loves silver anything so when we hit the thrift stores that's always what he looks for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately beautiful pieces. I have to admit, I got tired of polishing the few pieces I had, so put it in the attic. I was given some gorgeous silver goblets I would love my girls to use for a wedding some day. Then, I will have a good reason to polish it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents gave me similiar items of silverware for my 21st birthday. Yes, keepers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I am concerned about you dear. You were given a shaving mug for your 21st?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the jug used for, did it once have a lid?

    I am going to make a confession, I own NO silver and my parents didn't give me any for my 21st like Amanda?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing with my latest de-junking effort.
    I do have a few nice pieces of silver which have all been wedding, engagement or 21st gifts.
    Like Mindy, I am rather over cleaning them :-) but I won't stow them away as I only have a few nice things.
    These two however are very special. They are heirlooms. Both are almost sixty years old. Mum had a number of the little serving trays which had been gifts to her and she used them regularly until they retired ten years ago and gave them to us girls.
    The bottom one is a shaving mug! See the little holder for shaving brush on the side, Jo. Dad used this for many years and it is very tanished so not able to polish it up very well. May be one day I will get it re-done. This was Mum's gift to Dad on their wedding day and Dad gave it to me recently, so I really treasure it♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! One you have to polish and one you don't? The Lord keeps having to polish me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is making up his jewels! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely keepers, holding special memories which can never be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep. Both keepers.

    I like the used look of the mug. To me that shows its history. I am always sorry when old things are redone and look new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, that is a good thought Jeanne. That mug, with all it's memories, just would not look the same all shiny and unused.
    I do use the little afternoon tea tray occasionally and always get comments because you don't often see things like it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruby, I just saw your comments here... lol!! No, I thought it was a little creamer jug or something like that. Oooops! ;) No, I don't need to shave my face :P

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my place. Please use gracious speech when commenting. I do not mind if you disagree with me or correct error, but I won't be entering into any debates here.